Δευτέρα 7 Ιανουαρίου 2013

Vezene = Gastronomic paradise


As far as gastronomy is concerned 2013 started  the perfect way for me. Lately I was reading more and more articles about a restaurant that among other things serves wagyu beef. Wagyu (literally Japanese cow) refers to several breeds of cattle, the most famous of which is genetically predisposed to intense marbling and to producing a high percentage of oleaginous unsaturated fat. The meat from such wagyu cattle is known for its marbling characteristics and quality, and commands a high price. In several areas of Japan, beef is shipped with area names. Some examples are Kobe, Mishima, Matsusaka, Ōmi, and Sanda beef. Being my self a huge cattle meat fan it was a matter of time before I book a table there and try this breed.
I called 2 days before the day we wanted to go and the restaurant was already booked for the early shift. We managed to get a table at 22:30, which lately I try to avoid as I am having issues to digest. I was eagerly waiting for my date with Wagyu though that i decided to put aside this fact. When we arrived the first thing that i immediately appreciated was the big sized table as the size of it is a big factor for me to enjoy my dinner. The menu is small but has lots of different types of food that can please almost everyone. The wine list on the other hand, from my point of view, lucks choices up to 40 euro. With Greek winemakers dropping so rapidly their prices due to the crisis i expected more choices at the area of 25 to 40 euro a bottle.
Anyway the main attraction was the food there so let’s start with it. I tried 3 different dishes. The truffle fries was potato chips fried in truffle oil with parmesan on top and the result was astonishing. Pizza Margherita with cherry tomatoes and rucola was simply the best pizza I have eaten in Greece and way better then many I had in Italy the past years. The materials were top quality and the dough was crispy and perfectly thick. For the end I kept the best of course. Wagyu flat iron steak medium rare cooked is the best dish I ever had in my life! Sometimes you realize how difficult it is to describe something with words, every bite was like heaven. The meat was perfectly grilled, it was juicy and almost melting inside my mouth like butter, while the taste of the meat itself defines for me perfection. Now i just can’t wait for the next time i will be there to try more dishes, Vezene is the best restaurant in Athens and they just made a new loyal customer.
Cuisine: 9/10
Wine List: 6/10
Service: 8/10
Atmosphere: 7/10

more info: www.vezene.gr





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου